Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Health and Medical
Worried About Memory Loss? - Tips on Protecting your brain
It seems to be quite common to forget certain things as one ages. This can be very worrying and you may feel very concerned about the aging process and losing your memory. You may even find this happens in your 40s and 50s.
However, don’t be too concerned, it is not uncommon to forget the name of someone you know well, or wonder what on earth you are doing upstairs, you know you went upstairs to get something, but what. This is all part and parcel of getting older and the memory getting a little slower. You may then think of self help. This article gives useful tips on what you can do to protect your brain and to avoid serious memory loss and forgetfulness.
Dementia is one of the terms for progressive memory loss and it can be so severe for some people even the simple tasks of eating and dressing can be affected.
Apparently dementia affects 1 in 20 people over the age of 65; occasionally younger people in their 30s or 40s can be affected.
These are some of things you can do to protect your brain from deteriorating:
1. Research done by UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine states that eating more Omega 3 in the form of fish such as salmon, halibut and other oily fish can help to protect the brain.
2. Reduce your salt intake as the amount of salt we eat can affect our blood and high blood pressure could be a risk factor in brain decline.
3. If you smoke the advice would be to stop. Smoking causes cell-damaging free radicals to rampage in the body. I know that some people will decide not to but at least you now know the risks involved.
4. Studies have shown that antioxidants such as vitamins C, E and green tea could offer protection against dementia.
5. Take some form of exercise such as walking. Studies suggest that older people who walk more have a lower risk of dementia and intellectual decline. So include a daily 20 minutes walk, you will reap the benefits. This can even help you to sleep better.
Don’t start to panic and think that dementia is heading your way because you have forgotten a few things. In our busy stress filled life, forgetting certain things comes with the territory, however you will benefit from looking after yourself and can avoid your mind deteriorating more than it needs to.
Visit this popular website if you want a fast way to build your chicken house
Total Views: 718 | Approx word count : 470 | 03/21/2010
MarketersDomination Related Articles
What Internal Hemorrhoids Relief is Right for You
By: C.A. Perez
There are many people looking for internal hemorrhoids relief simply because hemorrhoids are no walk in the park, and are never easy to deal with. Hemorrhoids are veins found in the rectum and the area around the anus. An area that becomes swollen an...
Can I quit smoking with e-cigarettes
By: R. Millard Hume
Many smokers have made the decision to quit smoking with electronic cigarettes. But how effective are e-cigs in helping a smoker quit? In order to understand how using electronic cigarettes can be part of a stop smoking program, you need to first und...
Acid Reflux Relief an Alternative Natural Treatment
By: Tony Perez
Acid reflux relief with an alternative natural treatment is a superior way not only to lessen the symptoms, but also to actually bring healing to the cause of the problem in your body.
Acid reflux also known as gerd (gastroesophageal reflux diseas...
How to Stop Panic Attacks: 6 Quick Hints to End Anxiety, Today!
By: Justin Mosley
For those of you who wish to understand how to stop panic attacks so that you don’t suffer anymore, examining my Good tips will provide you with a few ways to resolve your problem! I know how it feels when an anxiety disorder pops up, as it is like...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum