Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Health and Medical
Worried About Memory Loss? - Tips on Protecting your brain
It seems to be quite common to forget certain things as one ages. This can be very worrying and you may feel very concerned about the aging process and losing your memory. You may even find this happens in your 40s and 50s.
However, don’t be too concerned, it is not uncommon to forget the name of someone you know well, or wonder what on earth you are doing upstairs, you know you went upstairs to get something, but what. This is all part and parcel of getting older and the memory getting a little slower. You may then think of self help. This article gives useful tips on what you can do to protect your brain and to avoid serious memory loss and forgetfulness.
Dementia is one of the terms for progressive memory loss and it can be so severe for some people even the simple tasks of eating and dressing can be affected.
Apparently dementia affects 1 in 20 people over the age of 65; occasionally younger people in their 30s or 40s can be affected.
These are some of things you can do to protect your brain from deteriorating:
1. Research done by UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine states that eating more Omega 3 in the form of fish such as salmon, halibut and other oily fish can help to protect the brain.
2. Reduce your salt intake as the amount of salt we eat can affect our blood and high blood pressure could be a risk factor in brain decline.
3. If you smoke the advice would be to stop. Smoking causes cell-damaging free radicals to rampage in the body. I know that some people will decide not to but at least you now know the risks involved.
4. Studies have shown that antioxidants such as vitamins C, E and green tea could offer protection against dementia.
5. Take some form of exercise such as walking. Studies suggest that older people who walk more have a lower risk of dementia and intellectual decline. So include a daily 20 minutes walk, you will reap the benefits. This can even help you to sleep better.
Don’t start to panic and think that dementia is heading your way because you have forgotten a few things. In our busy stress filled life, forgetting certain things comes with the territory, however you will benefit from looking after yourself and can avoid your mind deteriorating more than it needs to.
Visit this popular website if you want a fast way to build your chicken house
Total Views: 718 | Approx word count : 470 | 03/21/2010
MarketersDomination Related Articles
Amusement For Learning
By: Brian Jardine
To get the most of classroom learning sessions, it is important to use learning aids that stimulate both hemispheres of the brain. With a limited budget, public schools find it difficult to find the money to pay for yet another "miracle" learning a...
Types of Worm Infection You Should Know About
By: Elisheva Wiriaatmadja
Pet owners usually know that their cats and dogs should be regularly tested for worm infection by worms and regularly given worm medication for prevention. But in this economic crisis, it is easy for people to get complacent and decide to spend their...
Electronic Cigarette Alternatives
By: R. Millard Hume
Cigarette alternatives are the choice of many people to quit smoking or consume their nicotine through means other than "analog cigarettes".
Some of the more popular cigarette alternatives include: nicotine gum, nicotine patches, chewing t...
Get Rid of Acid Reflux Disease by Controlling Stress
By: Tony Perez
My mission to get rid of acid reflux disease (gerd) got new hope, when I finally understood this: for hundreds of years modern doctors have
considered the mind and body to be separate entities, having little to do with each other. Now, more and more...
Joint Health Supplements Help Cartilage Regeneration
By: matty kitch
Cartilage regeneration and the use of joint health supplements is a subject of massive interest and importance to anyone suffering with joint problems.
In order to understand the use of supplements to aid cartilage problems, it is useful to fully ...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum