Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Health and Medical
Worried About Memory Loss? - Tips on Protecting your brain
It seems to be quite common to forget certain things as one ages. This can be very worrying and you may feel very concerned about the aging process and losing your memory. You may even find this happens in your 40s and 50s.
However, don’t be too concerned, it is not uncommon to forget the name of someone you know well, or wonder what on earth you are doing upstairs, you know you went upstairs to get something, but what. This is all part and parcel of getting older and the memory getting a little slower. You may then think of self help. This article gives useful tips on what you can do to protect your brain and to avoid serious memory loss and forgetfulness.
Dementia is one of the terms for progressive memory loss and it can be so severe for some people even the simple tasks of eating and dressing can be affected.
Apparently dementia affects 1 in 20 people over the age of 65; occasionally younger people in their 30s or 40s can be affected.
These are some of things you can do to protect your brain from deteriorating:
1. Research done by UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine states that eating more Omega 3 in the form of fish such as salmon, halibut and other oily fish can help to protect the brain.
2. Reduce your salt intake as the amount of salt we eat can affect our blood and high blood pressure could be a risk factor in brain decline.
3. If you smoke the advice would be to stop. Smoking causes cell-damaging free radicals to rampage in the body. I know that some people will decide not to but at least you now know the risks involved.
4. Studies have shown that antioxidants such as vitamins C, E and green tea could offer protection against dementia.
5. Take some form of exercise such as walking. Studies suggest that older people who walk more have a lower risk of dementia and intellectual decline. So include a daily 20 minutes walk, you will reap the benefits. This can even help you to sleep better.
Don’t start to panic and think that dementia is heading your way because you have forgotten a few things. In our busy stress filled life, forgetting certain things comes with the territory, however you will benefit from looking after yourself and can avoid your mind deteriorating more than it needs to.
Visit this popular website if you want a fast way to build your chicken house
Total Views: 718 | Approx word count : 470 | 03/21/2010
MarketersDomination Related Articles
Recognizing Worm Infection in Pets and Humans
By: Elisheva Wiriaatmadja
It is common knowledge that your cats and dogs should be tested for worm infection and given worm medication regularly. At least they know because "the vet said so". However, a lot of people get complacent easily especially in this time of financial ...
Heartburn Diet for the Holiday Season
By: C.A. Perez
The holiday season is upon us, joyous festivities surrounded by family and an abundance of good food. Unfortunately, for those of us that suffer from chronic heartburn, acid reflux, or GERD, it is a time of potential discomfort and pain. Fear not! A ...
Getting Rid of Belly Fat: 5 Ways to Trim Your Abs!
By: Chris Jenkins
Are you currently seeking after a technique of getting rid of belly fat that really works, but each and every thing you may have tried out has failed to work in the way that you simply wish? If so, I would like for you to know for certain that readin...
Gerd, a Natural Treatment - Some Natural Treatment Tips
By: Tony Perez
If you suffer from acid reflux, heartburn or GERD you more than likely take medication for it. There are effective ways that can rid you of the painful symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn and GERD, a natural treatment.
First, we will take a look at...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum