Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 756 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
Photoshop For Universal File Formatting
Perhaps you have always thought of Photoshop as software only for designers who like to manipulate images. It is very good for that, after all. Perhaps more important than its ability to edit photos is the fact that Photo shop is also great for doing...
Five Gas Saving Tips
By: David Clarke
Gas prices are climbing and it
looks like we'll not reach a price ceiling any time soon. While some people are
driving less and less, there are many more driving out of necessity. The best
and perhaps only solution for the present is to improve ga...
Simple Maintenance Tips for Your Car Engine
By: David Clarke
Many vehicle owners don't send their cars to the auto mechanic for routine maintenance and upkeep. In fact, many people wait to experience engine trouble before even deciding to visit the auto repair shop. However, a lot of times, many car problems s...
Carpet Cleaning for Commercial Settings
By: David Clarke
Dirty carpets can be a hazard and a
nuisance in a home but they can be a real problem in commercial settings.
Stains are bad enough in making a bad impression on potential customers, but
dirty carpets that are full of dust and particles also relea...
Get Atlanta Home Inspection Knowledge of Your Home
By: Brian Jardine
Knowledge is power. If you are considering buying a home, take the time to invest in an Atlanta home inspection whereby a certified home inspector can review the property. Remember, one faulty system can cost thousands of dollars and you are inexperi...
Make A Difference For Someone You Do Not Know
By: Brian Jardine
Breast cancer constitutes approximately 22.9% of all cancer types in women. Typically originating in the milk ducts or lobules of breast tissue, this disease can affect both men and women. When it is caught early, the chances of beating it can be as ...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum