Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
Marketers Domination ::
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 699 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
Prepare Your Vehicle for a Road Trip
By: David Clarke
Going on a road trip can be fun and exciting but only if your vehicle is in good running condition. Otherwise, your trip can easily turn very uncomfortable, especially if you experience car trouble in an unfamiliar road or highway. So before head...
How To Photoshop Shadows
With the advent of the digital camera, very few people use old 35 mm style cameras anymore. It is simply a lot easier to be able to page through your photos on your computer or mobile phone that old fashioned photo albums are quickly becoming obsolet...
Carpet Selection for Restaurants
By: David Clarke
While a carpet can add the perfect touch of
elegance and character to a restaurant's interior design, maintenance is always
a primary concern when choosing the right fibres for the dining area. Let's
face it; in a restaurant, spills and falling fo...
Optimize Off Website for On Website Benefits
By: Brian Jardine
In the modern world, technology has improved to the point where we rely so much on devices to do our daily tasks. One of those devices is our cell phone. The mobile phone is a mini computer that allows us to check our emails, browse the internet, and...
You Can Make A Difference For Breast Cancer Awareness
By: Brian Jardine
Breast cancer constitutes approximately 22.9% of all cancer types in women. While it is more commonly found in women, men can also suffer from this disease. The cancer usually originates in the lobules or milk ducts of breast tissue. When it is caugh...
Fix old photos with Photoshop
There are several reasons why Photoshop is the premier photo editing software. First of all, it is not hard to learn how to Photoshop. If you do not feel you can learn how to Photoshop through hands-on experience, do not worry. There are plenty of re...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum