Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 756 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
How to Replace a Blown Fuse in a Car
By: David Clarke
Your car's fuses protect it from a power
surge and take the damage while protecting the car's devices, like your
headlights and instrumental panel. If you think about it, having a blown fuse
is a good thing because replacing a fuse is a lot better...
Do All Season Tires Work Well in Snow
By: David Clarke
The idea behind all-season tires was simple but very appealing; instead of having to switch tires for different seasons like for winter, you can have one set of tires that work in any climate or weather. Because tires are quite expensive and switchin...
How to Test Your Car’s Brake Hose
By: David Clarke
When you're getting your car serviced, it's
important to have the brake hoses checked. Most mechanics will tell you that by
the time you find out there's something wrong with your brake, it's usually too
late. That's why it's important to be proac...
Brochures With Digitally Edited Photos
By: Brian Jardine
Brochures have been in use nearly as far back as the invention of the modern printing press. Not surprisingly, businesses in every industry make use of this printed media in a number of ways. From advertising to educating, there is simply no end to t...
SEO Content is Essential
By: Brian Jardine
When the internet began to gain ground in the 90s, we had no idea what it would become. Eventually, every household had a computer. Then, the internet speed became so good that movies could be streamed and music played all day long. Now, the mobile e...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum