Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 756 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
4 Top Car Battery Maintenance Tips
By: David Clarke
Any car owner would want to make the most out of their car's battery. For one, they don't exactly come cheap and maximizing their service life is a great way to save money. Maintaining your car battery well also means that you won't have to keep rely...
Getting Legal Advice for Claiming Workers Compensation Rock Hill SC
By: David Clarke
All jobs involve work hazards but
it is up to the employer to make sure that all their employees and associates
are well taken care of and are not put in unnecessary harm while on the job. If
you have been injured because of your work and there is...
Make A Difference For Someone You Do Not Know
By: Brian Jardine
Breast cancer constitutes approximately 22.9% of all cancer types in women. Typically originating in the milk ducts or lobules of breast tissue, this disease can affect both men and women. When it is caught early, the chances of beating it can be as ...
Stop Negative Self Talk From Destroying Your Life
One of the biggest factors that could be destroying your chances of being successful in life is a negative self talk. This negative self talk is destroys your self-esteem, and will rip you to shreds. By learning to stop the negative self talk, you ...
Party Inflatables for School Carnivals
By: David Clarke
In order to come up with a successful school carnival, you need to make sure that you prepare fun games and activities that would appeal to the kids. Wherever the kids go, the parents would follow too, and if you have prepared fun activities for the ...
Maryland Personal Injury Lawyers Can Be Your Hero
By: Jacoby Law
Every day we open the newspaper and read of some innocent Maryland citizen that was injured in a freak accident. That person's life has been rudely and sometimes seriously interrupted by something very unexpected. When they were getting dressed that...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum