Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 756 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Carpets in Good Condition
By: David Clarke
Carpets are common fixtures in households and offices
because they add beauty and style to your indoor space. Aside from that, they
also have some functional purposes which can add comfort to your home. For one,
carpets can help absorb and filter ...
What is Audible Audio Books
By: David Johnson
If you are a fan of audio books you know how expensive they can be. If you know of Audible maybe you are wondering what is Audible audio books.
I joined Audible about a year ago in their free trail period just to try out audio books. However, I f...
How to Test Your Car’s Brake Hose
By: David Clarke
When you're getting your car serviced, it's
important to have the brake hoses checked. Most mechanics will tell you that by
the time you find out there's something wrong with your brake, it's usually too
late. That's why it's important to be proac...
The Breast And Cancer
By: Breast Cancer
Cancer is a scary word no matter where we might have it in our body. But, having cancer in the breast has an emotional charge like none other than, maybe, cancer that would prevent us from having children. Breast cancer detection can make us feel lik...
Tire Safety Checks Before Road Trips
By: David Clarke
You should always make sure to check the condition of your vehicle's tires especially if you are going on a long trip. Since your tires are the most exposed during your road trip, it can easily get damaged during your drive if you don't make sure tha...
When Should You Get a Wheel Alignment for Your Car
By: David Clarke
When people get the tires of their car
rotated, the question of whether they should get a wheel alignment usually
comes up. The Tire Industry Safety Council tells us that having properly
aligned wheels can go a long way in increasing the life of y...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum