Top Editorials |
Popular Content |
Article Directory |
Submit Articles |
:: Reference and Help
Making Your Residential HVAC More Energy Efficient
Your heaters and air conditioners account for a large percentage of your home's energy usage. This is especially true during winter and summer seasons wherein your HVAC units would be used almost 24/7 in order to control the temperature in your home. If you want to cut back on unnecessary energy usage of your residential HVAC, then here are tips that you should follow:
1. Invest in Energy Efficient HVAC units – There are many HVAC providers that offer units which are especially designed for great energy efficiency. These units are more expensive than their standard counterparts but they allow you more savings in the long run by letting you cut down on your energy consumption.
2. Observe an effective layout/design for your residential HVAC system – Depending on your house's lay-out, you might need to zone your HVAC system. For example, instead of using one air conditioning unit or heater for the entire house, it might be more efficient to use 2 or more appliances; otherwise, your unit might not function efficiently due to over capacity. This can result to longer cycles and more energy waste. Meanwhile, if you zone your HVAC system, you can control your HVAC usage by only turning on units which you would need to cool or heat a particular area in the house.
3. Make sure that your HVAC units are in good condition - When your units are not properly maintained, they will not function efficiently. For example, it might take longer time for your HVAC units to effectively heat or cool the room because the filters are clogged or the coils are dirty. This would lead to more energy waste and can contribute in significant increase in your electricity consumption. If you want your units to perform better, then you better make sure that they are kept in good working condition by doing routine maintenance. Clean your filters often and have them replaced when necessary.
4. Use a thermostat in your home - A thermostat has many different advantages. You can program your thermostat so that the units would turn off during hours when you are not home. This would allow you to cut down on energy use while you are at work or out of the house.
5. Do preventative maintenance – Like they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Have a professional mechanic for residential HVAC Rock Hill SC do scheduled checks and inspections to your units. It's ideal to have them check your system at least twice a year to make sure that everything is in good working condition. While you can do simple maintenance on your own, you might be able to miss key signs and indications of HVAC system problems. The professional mechanics would be able to spot these indications easily since they are experts at what they do. By doing preventative maintenance, they don't just keep your units energy efficient but they also help you save more money on costly repairs and replacements since they would be able to help you avoid major problems by having minor issues addressed immediately.
Total Views: 756 | Approx word count : 572 | 08/06/2012
Discover more about residential HVAC Rock Hill SC
and learn more about
by reading this article. You are sure to find what you are looking for about
MarketersDomination Related Articles
How to Change Your Cars Air Filter
By: David Clarke
Changing your air filter regularly is part of good car maintenance. While air filters are expected to last for a certain amount of time, the air filter is one part of a car that's dependent on conditions. If you drive over dirt roads a lot, chances a...
Internal Decorating Before The Home Purchase
By: Champia Inspector
When you buy a new home, you will probably want to start decorating right away. You may have even selected the perfect color for the living room walls or a great layout for the backyard patio. If you are just starting to investigate the possibil...
Make the Party More Fun with Party Inflatables
By: David Clarke
Don't let your kid's party become a bore- make it more fun
and exciting by preparing your own backyard outdoor party. Don't worry because
this is easier than it sounds. You don't even have to worry about all the
preparations that you need to do be...
How To Win Back Her Heart
By: Cathi Zimmerman
Do you want to win back her heart? You can but know this. It
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, but the truth is:
men and women are DIFFERENT and never the twain shall
There are fundamental differences in almost...
Some Tips in Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer Rock Hill SC
By: David Clarke
If you are in need of legal advice for a personal injury, you need to find yourself a good lawyer who can be able to help you develop a good case and represent you if necessary. By all means, you should not try to tackle the problem on your own espec...
Tire Maintenance for your automobile
By: David Clarke
An essential part of car care is making sure that your tires are in tip top condition. With badly maintained tires, you're not only risking the occasional flat tire; you're also at risk of a blow out which could cause a serious and even deadly automo...
Article Marketing | Article Directory | Article Spinning | Content Syndication | Article Distribution
All Rights Reserved.
All other copyrights belong to their respective owners. Internet Marketing Forum